To help responders act quickly, make sure the street address is clear and clearly visible.
After calling 911, to help accelerate the efforts of first responders or ambulance technicians:
- Have the patient’s Health insurance and hospital cards handy;
- Gather the patient’s medication;
- Clear the stairs and the entryway to ease access for the ambulance technicians;
- Make sure to keep all pets in a separate room and away from the patient;
- Send someone to lead the ambulance technicians to the patient upon their arrival;
- Make sure someone stays with the patient at all times;
- Call 911 again if the patient’s condition worsens.